Axis Mental Health is seeking Mental Health Workers to work in our 6-bed residential program for male adults with mental illness. We are currently seeking to fill all shift positions.
Our program strives to teach and monitor activities of daily living; provides hands-on instruction and guidance. This includes daily, weekly, and other household chores, transportation, meal preparation, and cooking, assisting clients to understand and follow the program rules, and various other activities
Primary responsibilities include providing care and supervision of adult clients, providing assistance in performing household chores, assisting with self-administration of medication, providing social activity and taking clients on approved outings, conducting basic groups, problem solving, conducting house rounds, communicating appropriately and effectively with clients to maintain health and safety, and complete chart documentation. Other duties as assigned by the director.
- Must have graduated from high school or possess a GED; experience working in a facility serving people with mental health disabilities preferred, but not required. We will provide training for caring, compassionate, and interested hires.
- Able to work interdependently, constructively, and effectively with others in a community-based treatment setting
- Understanding of, and/or sensitivity to the issues involved in providing service to a multi-ethnic population
- Ability to be friendly, but also to maintain boundaries and guide clients in meeting their goals
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills
- Willing to work shifts as assigned
- Good communication skills
- Current valid driver's license, be 21 or older, and an acceptable driving record with DMV to qualify under the agency's auto insurance
- Able to obtain Department of Justice clearance, in accordance with Community Care Licensing requirement
- Willing to participate in at least 20 hours of in-service training per year and supervision
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Are you able to work weekends?
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person