Beachside Behavioral Health is URGENTLY seeking a Behavioral Health Technician for our Tustin/Santa Ana detox residential facility (multiple shifts available). The ideal candidate has working knowledge of addiction recovery (we are willing to train if not) and a clean driving record. The Behavioral Health Technician will help facilitate clients through their day/evening programming schedules in a detox/residential substance abuse setting.
MUST BE DRUG-FREE and have COVID VACCINES
MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE:
- At least 4 years of driving experience
- No more than 2 violations in the last 3 years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct client rounds according to state protocols and document appropriately.
- Complete new admission intake procedures according to program policies on all new admissions (UA, belongings searches, and paperwork).
- Documentation of daily progress in client charts.
- Conduct room searches as needed or requested by management.
- Administering detoxification protocols (completion of CIWA, COWS forms, vital signs rounds) on all detoxification clients.
- Collect urine samples for testing.
- Maintain cleanliness of the property
- Transports clients in company vehicles to appointments, meetings, and outside activities.
- Crisis intervention
- Assist, teach, and/or supervise clients with general household chores, cleanliness, and food preparation; clean up as required.
Experience and Skills:
- No experience is required as we are willing to train
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong listening skills, particularly when clients are conveying their needs.
- Communicates professionally in person and on the phone
- Treats others with respect
- Communicates openly and honestly
- Resolves conflict in a positive way
- Expresses facts and thoughts in writing in a clear and organized way
- Written communication skills: documents daily progress in client charts.
- Computer Skills: Google Drive and digital documentation
- An understanding of chemical dependency
- An understanding of the 12 Step process and alternative SMART program
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance and privacy measures
- Knowledge and good use of boundaries with coworkers and clients
- Current RADT or willingness to obtain upon hire
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR
- High School diploma, or GED equivalent
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.
*The job duties listed above should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties required. Other duties will be assigned as the need arises and according to programmatic needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- What makes you interested in working in the Substance Abuse field?
- Do you have a clean driving record (no more than 2 violations in the last 3 years)?
- Detox/Residential: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person