Affinity Recovery is URGENTLY seeking Behavioral Health Technicians for our Desert Hot Springs, Ca. Detox\Residential facility for the Graveyard Shift 11:00pm-7:30am, AM 7:00am - 3:30pm, Swing 3:00pm - 11:30 pm. Must have a working knowledge of addiction recovery and a clean driving record.
MUST BE DRUG FREE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct client rounds according to state protocols and document appropriately.
- Complete new admission intake procedures according to program policies on all new admissions (UA, belongings searches, and paperwork).
- Documentation of daily progress in client charts.
- Conduct room searches as needed or requested by management.
- Administering detoxification protocols (completion of CIWA, COWS forms, vital signs rounds) on all detoxification clients.
- Collect urine samples for testing.
- Maintain cleanliness of property
- Crisis intervention
- Assist, teach and/or supervise clients with general household chores, cleanliness and food preparation; clean up as required.
Experience and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong listening skills, particularly when clients are conveying their needs.
- Communicates professionally in person and on the phone
- Treats others with respect
- Communicates openly and honestly
- Resolves conflicts in a positive way
- Expresses facts and thoughts in writing in a clear and organized way
- Written communication skills: documents daily progress in client charts.
- Computer Skills: Google drive and digital documentation
- An understanding of chemical dependency
- An understanding of the 12 Step process and alternative SMART program
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance and privacy measures
- Knowledge and good use of boundaries with coworkers and clients
- RADT and minimum of one year of experience in a human services setting.
- Clean DMV Record and/or accordance with program requirements.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR
- High School diploma, or GED equivalent
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.
*The job duties listed above should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties required. Other duties will be assigned as need arises and according to programmatic need.